valoscope: (Default)
[personal profile] valoscope
Maybe the answer is 42 bc that's how old you have to before you can figure any of these things out. 

My sister is thinking of changing careers, which has resulted in a lot of talk about what I'm doing. I'm getting along just fine, but even I know my current situation won't last forever. And if I'm not going to stick my head in the sand about it, what am I going to do?

I can either stay in my same field somewhere else or do something drastically different. Do whatever it takes to possibly find a line of work that could make me 'happier.' 

Whatever that means. 

So, I've kinda decided to go halfway on that. I'm going to put drawing and costume-making aside to investigate some more about whatever dream jobs I can think of.

I...really don't know what I'm doing. I've spent so much time being the way I am, and feeling the way I do, that all changes to the routine are as frightening as they are exciting. But I'm slowly learning about putting myself out there, in many ways. I want to feel like I'm living more than surviving, and I have to figure out what 'living' means to me and hopefully not get stupid about it just because I want to take a chance flying near the sun.

Date: 2019-06-03 05:26 am (UTC)
luthien: (Default)
From: [personal profile] luthien
Speaking as someone who left 42 behind some time ago *g*, I don't think anyone ever really figures these things out properly, but being self-aware is always a good thing.

The idea of going halfway sounds good to me. Test the waters and see what's out there.

I hope you find a forward path that makes you happy. :)

Profile

valoscope: (Default)
valoscope

January 2020

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 02:07 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios